Annual home maintenance is extremely important to protect the largest investment you are likely to make in your lifetime. Our annual home maintenance inspection program can alert you to material defects and maintenance items that could lead to major issues in the future. Some of the items inspected are the following:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim,
- Gutters and downspouts,
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations,
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings,
- Eaves, soffit and fascia,
- Grading and drainage,
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace,
- Water penetration and foundation movement,
- Heating systems,
- Cooling systems,
- Main water shut off valves,
- Water heating system,
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets,
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats,
- Electrical service line and meter box,
- Main disconnect and service amperage,
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses,
- Grounding and bonding,
- GFCIs and AFCIs,
- Fireplace damper door and hearth,
- Insulation and ventilation,
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers,
We also use Infrared Technology to scan the home for potential areas of plumbing, flashing, and roofing surface leakage as well as inadequate or missing insulation. If the correct conditions are present at the time of inspection this Thermal Imaging tool helps us easily identify problem areas. A minimum of a 15 degree difference in indoor and outdoor temperature is ideal for this tool to be effective.
Nearly one out of every 15 homes nationally is estimated to have elevated radon levels. Southern Wisconsin has an increased exposure to Radon. The EPA recommends testing your home for radon every two years. Performing a radon test every other year is the only way to verify the radon levels are still under the EPA recommended action level of 4.0 pCi/L. There is an additional fee for radon to be tested in conjunction with the maintenance program.
Annual maintenance is the key to maintaining the value of your home. Our annual maintenance program will help identify problem areas in need of repair or correction as well as head off potential future issues with regards to weatherization, energy efficiency, and exterior maintenance. Our past clients also receive discounted pricing on their maintenance inspections. Order your home maintenance inspection today!
Proudly providing Annual Home Maintenance Inspections to these Wisconsin Communities:
Brodhead, Janesville, Orfordville, Footville, Juda, Evansville, Monroe, Browntown, South Wayne, Gratiot, Argyle, Darlington, New Glarus, Oregon, Madison, Edgerton, Milton, Platteville, Lake Geneva, Fontana, Beloit, Mineral Point, Verona, McFarland, Stoughton, Fitchburg, Sun Prairie, Middleton, Cross Plains, Black Earth, Brooklyn, Belleville, Monticello, Mt. Horeb, Clinton, Blanchardville, Delevan, Elkhorn, Whitewater, All of Southern Wisconsin.