“A better way to sell a home!” Move In Certified is a special program for home sellers. The inspection report is hosted online and used as a marketing tool for prospective buyers to examine prior to making an offer. This is often seen as a huge positive to buyers as it shows the utmost forthrightness on the part of the sellers.
Listing Agents! Download our PowerPoint presentation here: Move-In-Certified Seller Inspections
Here are a some key points to the program:
- The seller can choose a certified inspector rather than be at the mercy of the buyer’s choice of inspector.
- The seller can schedule the inspections at the seller’s convenience.
- It might alert the seller of any items of immediate personal concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- The seller can assist the inspector during the inspection, something normally not done during a buyer’s inspection.
- The seller can have the inspector correct any misstatements in the inspection report before it is generated.
- The report can help the seller realistically price the home if problems exist.
- The report can help the seller substantiate a higher asking price if problems don’t exist or have been corrected.
- A seller inspection reveals problems ahead of time which:
- might make the home show better.
- gives the seller time to make repairs and shop for competitive contractors.
- permits the seller to attach repair estimates or paid invoices to the inspection report.
- removes over-inflated buyer procured estimates from the negotiation table.
- The report might alert the seller to any immediate safety issues found, before agents and visitors tour the home.
- The report provides a third-party, unbiased opinion to offer to potential buyers.
- A seller inspection permits a clean home inspection report to be used as a marketing tool.
- A pre-listing inspection is the ultimate gesture in forthrightness on the part of the seller.
- The report might relieve a prospective buyer’s unfounded suspicions, before they walk away.
- The deal is less likely to fall apart the way they often do when a buyer’s inspection unexpectedly reveals a problem, last minute.
- The report provides full-disclosure protection from future legal claims.
- A complimentary 120 day Sellers warranty is provided to the seller to bridge the gap between the inspection and the closing date.
- Complimentary SewerGard, Platinum Roof Protection and MoldSafe coverages are also included and are transferable to the buyers provided the policies are still in effect.
18. With the purchase of a 12 month home warranty (transferable to the buyers), an extra six months of coverage are included at no additional cost.
Order your 18 Month Home Warranty Here: